background
Tenryu-ji Temple
Tenryu-ji Temple

Founded in 1339 by the ruling shogun Ashikaga Takauji, this temple is dedicated to Emperor Go-Daigo. Tenryu-ji, officially known as Tenryu Shiseizen-ji, is the most important temple in Kyoto's Arashiyama district and serves as the head temple of the Tenryu branch of Rinzai Zen Buddhism. It is ranked number one among the city's so-called Five Mountains, Kyoto's five great Zen temples. In 1994, it was registered as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

Address

68 Sagatenryūji Susukinobaba-cho Ukyo-ku

Phone

+81-75-881-1235

Website

Click Here

Open Hours

1-12: Mon-Sun: - 08:30-17:30

Nearby Sights
Nearby Hotels